T-Shirt Styles and Types
A t-shirt is a casual shirt, typically without a collar, made of cotton. However, with the growth of the t-shirt industry, styles and types of t-shirts have expanded to include more than 100 types and styles.
Here are the top 10 types of t-shirt fabric used today:
Burn-out – fabric treated with a chemical process
- Combed cotton – fabric that is strong, soft and smooth
- Jersey – fabric that is a stretchy-knit blend
- Linen – fabric made from the flax plant
- Modal – fabric made from a form of rayon (has a silky feel)
- Pigment dyed – fabric that has been coated with a coloring process
- Pima – fabric that is an extra-long cotton fiber
- Polyester – fabric that maintains its shape
- Rayon – fabric that is man made
- Slub – fabric that is twisted to create irregular weaves
Popular t-shirt styles you may see today include stylish fits, vintage fits, camo colors, performance wear, pocket shirts, 100% cotton shirts and 50/50 shirts, just to name a few.